Information on Virtual Format of ICMS2020
The COVID-19 pandemic affects ICMS 2020 as every planned conference. Despite the extraordinary conditions, ICMS 2020 will happen - as a virtual conference.
Our aim is to virtualize not only the talks, but as many aspects of an academic conference as best as we can. You can find the information about the virtual format of ICMS 2020 below in this page.
- Plenary talks: Plenary talks will be held live through the software Zoom. The links for the plenary talks will be provided to the registered participants later via e-mail.
- Contributed Talks: We will have the contributed talks pre-recorded. If you are a speaker of a contributed talk, please see the extra information
about uploading and preparation of the material in here.
The talks will be stored on Amazon servers, and will be available for download before the conference in the following link:
Each participant will be provided with a username and a password via e-mail. Using these information participants can log in to the portal, and download
the talks that they would like to watch.
If you are a registered participant, and did not receive your login information by 10.07.2020 please contact to Oguzhan Yürük via: "oguyueru(at)tu-braunschweig.de"
The video records of the contributed talks of ICMS 2020 will be publicly available, if their speakers have listed them as public.
Everyone can downlad the puclicly listed talks from here.
- Sessions: Besides the pre-recorded talks for the sessions, we will
have a (shortened) live part for every session, which will contain the
questions & answer part normally happening after a talk. For every
session, we will have a separate room using the software BigBlueButton
(BBB) provided by TU Braunschweig. Attendees will need a password to
enter the particular room. So, the idea is that people watch the talks
ahead of time and then have the chance to discuss with the speaker
during the live session. These discussions will be moderated by the corresponding session chairs.
- Software Demos: This event will also occur live with all
presentations in parallel (like in a poster session). Every presenter
will get their own BigBlueButton (BBB) room and people can switch rooms during the time
- Communication outside of sessions:
- We will install a Slack workspace for the ICMS 2020. All participants will be provided with
an invitation to our Slack workspace via an e-mail send by us. Note that the use of Slack is totally voluntary. All crucial info
and news will also be communicated via e-mail as well.
In case that you have not used Slack before: It is, very roughly speaking, like an interactive forum
with a bunch of additional gadgets. This gives people the opportunity to
discuss about talks, software, and the conference in total cross time
zones and countries.
- We will have two permenantly open lobby rooms in BigBlueButton. These rooms are meant to serve as an common room where
people can meet and chat.
- IT and technical support: We will have a "Registration Room" in BigBlueButton.
There will be members of the local team all the time during core hours in this room, which should be the first place to go to in case of questions. Also, you can reach to our helpdesk by e-mail via
the address: ICMS2020Help@tu-braunschweig.de
- Business Meeting: The business meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 14 at 17:30 CEST through
BigBlueButton. The room information will be provided to the registered participants later via e-mail.
- Social parts: Even though ICMS 2020 have to have be virtual, we would like to keep it
as close as possible to a real conference experience. In order to do so, we would like to offer the attendees
some virtual events for socializing. Since we cannot squeeze everything within the regular frame, the designated hours for the socual events will be outside of
the regular 14:00 to 17:00 CEST time slot. For more information about the social events, please see here.